Friday, September 22, 2017

Review: I. am. Elizabeth by Kathi Haacke Morehead

I. Am. Elizabeth is a story of medieval intrigue based on the life of Elizabeth Plantagenet. Set both contemporaneously and in the 16th century, the reader will be invited to weigh for themselves the truth of Elizabeth’s life, including the disappearance of Elizabeth’s brothers, the Lost Princes in the Tower, the ascension of her uncle, Richard III, to the throne of England, and her marriage to Henry Tudor. Elizabeth Plantagenet was a daughter, niece, sister, wife, and mother to five Kings of England, and grandmother of the first and second Queens Regnant: Mary I and Elizabeth I. You may have met The White Princess, but prepare for your introduction to the real Elizabeth of York.
Description:
Elizabeth of York died in 1503. Annie Campbell lives today. Can they reach through time to heal one another’s soul, or will their secrets be impossible to overcome?
…. Why can’t I sleep? It is not as though tonight is any different from last night, or the night before, or even the night before that. It’s hot, and not a breath of air moves through the window. I feel like I will go mad from this anxiety, this fear. But of what? It’s so very dark tonight. No moon, no light from the windows. Just dark… Damn you, darkness. You’ve not been kind the past few nights. What horror do you hold for me tonight?

Purchase the book:

Review:
I Love this author's writing style, and I love English history, so this book was after my hart, I liked very much how Elizabeth of York reached out to Annie and tried to help her, this mysterious royal from whom is know stories but also has a mystery about her. This book takes you into old historical time and current time .Kathi always does lots of research and that you can see in her books. It is definitely a book that hooks you from A to Z, can't wait to read more from Kathi's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment