Friday, June 12, 2015

Excerpt and Review:: Detached by Jill Cooper


DetachedWhat you do tomorrow, you’ll pay for today.
Life was easier in the cage, now Lara Crane’s life is under a microscope.
She thought she was out, ready for a normal life, but with the Feds endless questions and tests, Lara realizes she might never be free.
Things would be worse if not for Donovan. They promise to ride it out together as Lara is fitted with a time travel restraint, designed to not only stop her, but to save her life as her mind spirals out of control. No more second chances. No more time travel to revert everything back the way it was once before.
As the danger increases, so does Lara’s headaches and nightmares. Her brain is desperate to be free, loose, and as the future begins to flash all around her, Lara is terrified the end might be near.
And maybe she doesn’t have a future at all.

Buy on Amazon 

                                                          Excerpt:

Donovan puts his hand on my arm. I know he wants to run, but there’s nowhere we can run to. “Leave her alone. Back off.”
“Or what will you do, Mr. James?” He puts his hands up in the air and wiggles his fingers. “I’m trembling.” His eyes narrow and he grins. Clearly not trembling.
And he’s gotten much too close. I grip Donovan’s shirt to pull him backwards. I don’t want this assassin guy anywhere near us.
“Come any closer and I’ll scream. I’ll get the feds. The police.” I warn him off, but it’s hollow I have no real threat.
“Then I’ll just come back and do it again until we get this right. Until Mr. Montgomery there gives up the location of the journals. The diaries. We want them back.”
Xavier shakes his head. “My diaries? Are we talking about my diaries? What’s going on here? I don’t like being in the dark.”
“You’ve been sent to fetch his journals.” Everything clicks in my brain. “What’s in them that are so important?”
Smugly he shrugs. “Doesn’t matter. Xavier wants them back. I get them back. I keep coming until your stepdaddy is dead or he gives them up. Looks like it’ll be the former.”
Xavier rubs his head. “I didn’t hire any…Are you saying it works? Time travel, everything? This guy is from the future and I…” Xavier’s eyes widen until I can see the whites, “I sent him back here?”
“You are always brilliant, Doctor. Never to be under estimated.”
“And you took my place. You’re what I was supposed to be. An assassin.” I tilt my head as I regard him.
“Seems like your Uncle Rex proved you are. He’s dead, isn’t he? You’ll be joining him if I don’t get what I want.”
“Wait a second!” Xavier raises his hands. “This isn’t my way. This isn’t how things are supposed to be. I’m against murder. I’m against others getting hurt. That’s not what I want to do!”
“Agendas change.” The time traveler smirks. “Since he doesn’t have the diaries I assume you do Ms. Montgomery. You have one hour to get them to me. If you don’t, your loved ones will start dropping like flies.”
I back up and nearly trip over the arm of an unconscious Fed. His body was stashed behind the receptionist counter. His suit jacket has fallen open and I see the gun holstered at his hip. I grab it and aim at the assassin fast. “Wrong.” I huff and fire off a shot.


Lara thought at first that she could get out of this all, but it is far from the truth. They use her all of it, they push her to go back in time more and more.
She hoped so bad she could get a normal live with Donovan, but those who she thought protected her, betrayed her and brought her back.
I strongly advise you to red the first two books 15 minutes and Unplugged, you can read them separate I guess, but when read all 3 you know the story, understand the characters better.
Lara is interviewed, prodded, tested like no tomorrow and realize the government will never let her go, will she be free ever???..

I really enjoyed this third book in the series it is great Sci fi, action, twists and plots, great characters etc! Get it you won't regret it. I received a copy of this book for a honest review



No comments:

Post a Comment