Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Review: Dictating Death by Bonnie R. Paulson


This book is not light reading. There are graphic scenes and there is not HEA. NOT intended for teens or young adults. Again, this is not light reading. Violence and craziness. You’ve been warned.***Samantha wants to love him.Maria wants to kill him.
Dr. Luke Lawson has no idea that the girl he’s dating has split personalities fighting to control her body. Samantha must keep Luke safe at all costs.
If Samantha wins, Maria will die and disappear forever – taking Samantha with her.
If Maria wins, Dr. Lawson will die and she and Samantha will move on to the next doctor – the next kill.
But Luke is special.
He could save Samantha from herself… but only if Samantha can save him.


As the intro says it is not a light reading but I love this kind of dark books. It is about Rebecca/Samantha/Maria although for most of the book you will get to know Samantha/Maria. you get a perfect look on a damaged, abused woman who hide into other personalities to deal with it all. It is not confusing, I found it quiet clear.
It is a fast paced story from a woman so damaged, she kills to get to the perfect kill, her abuser, she gets more and more violent. They also have a inner "fight" between the girls. It is amazing to me how the author could get into the dark side and create such a perfect story, I felt sorry for her.... Good strong story, I loved the girls and was sad about the ending. I really recommend this book to people who like dark kinda stories, also who like Psycho Thrillers.
Although I sofar liked all the books I read from Bonnie, I can't wait to read more from her in this style.


No comments:

Post a Comment