Thursday, August 15, 2013

Interview with the author of Barely Alive by Bonnie R. Paulson




Book Description

 March 23, 2012
This is the first book of a completed trilogy (with a short for fun!)

***This is a MATURE YA themed series. There are adult themes and strong language.***

In twelve weeks, seventeen-year-old Paul Ledger will be dead. At least he hopes so.

Paul is trapped in the worst cult the United States has ever seen. Infected with a zombie virus, symptoms culminate in a dead body but thriving mind over a course of twelve weeks. If he doesn’t earn the final death he longs for, he’ll be chained in a basement facility, moaning for human flesh for eternity.

Sent out to kidnap girls for food, toys, or whatever the boss wants, Paul nabs Heather McCain. He’s not a fan of humans as a general rule, but even his graying skin and insatiable hunger for her flesh don’t stop her from reaching out to him. Give him the second chance he doesn’t know he needs.

Overcome by his cravings, Paul bites her delectable skin. Amazingly, she doesn’t develop the zombie-like side effects. When the boss discovers Heather’s immunity, he gives Paul an ultimatum – deliver up Heather and her family to continue the research or watch as Paul’s brother suffers the zombie fate.

Paul has a chance to endure his short zombie existence knowing his brother is safe. But he’ll have to sacrifice Heather to do it.


1: Since when do you write?  
I’ve been writing for quite a while now and I have to fit the words in among raising 6 kids and a hubs as well as all the other crazy stuff spinning me around during the day and chasing me in my dreams. I love it and can’t imagine not writing in all that mess.
2: Why are your Zombies more alive (brains etc) ? 
I wanted a zombie to have a chance. I don’t like the idea that they are just empty shells looking for food. These were people once and should be able to still be there – even have a chance at happiness. I’m told I’m creepy, but Thriller by Michael Jackson suggests so much more! I love the idea that the bad guy can be the good guy.

3: What is your favorite food & drink ? 
Girl, what food and drink wouldn’t be on that list? I love food! I’d have to go with a tried and true – pizza, probably Hawaiian. Drink? Ooooh, Cranberry Limeade from Sonic (right now hehe)
.
4: Can we expect sequels? 
This series is complete – it even has a prequel based on Dominic – the “bad guy”. There are 3 books and a short for a total of 4 or would that be 3 and a half?

5: Are you characters based on people you know, or completely made up? 
Completely made up. I love them so much, though, they feel real, you know?

6: If you could write something totally different, what would it be ? 
I write whatever I want whenever I can. I never stick to one thing simply because it’s expected of me. But I used to think I was a romance writer, but have since discovered I like action and thriller more – even though romance is always present. Of course!

7: If your book would make it to a movie who would play Paul and who Heather ?
I always pictured Channing Tatum as Paul and Anna Kendrick as Heather. Wouldn’t that be awesome!?

8: As last is there something you would like to tell your readers ? 
Thank you so much for spending time with me in my worlds. I appreciate your investment and I would love to hear from you! Thank you, thank you!

Thank you for the interview, I recommend this book it is so different and good!
To buy it click here


No comments:

Post a Comment